Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hooker Exploration Special Halfway Point Retrospective

I'm halfway through the Hooker Exploration special.  I'm not sure where I'm going to put this, but I definitely know that I'll be using one of the Position Pamphlet pictures alongside it, because there's one that talks about exploration more.  I'm thinking this special is just going to go into one of the "no day" generic type issues.  Maybe I'll turn one of the "no day" issues into a "virgin killer" issue.  Maybe, maybe not.  At any rate, this was another fun one to write, and I'm glad I was able to come up with an "angle" for it, because just describing the pictures, or coming up with inane dialogue for the characters results in such a crappy product.  I'm sure some people like it, but I think it's just tacky.  Plus, this is supposed to be a Cosmo-style womens' magazine, not a collection of erofics. 
I think it's good to have hookers in the magazines, because it lets the reader know that the Daughters don't look down on prostitution.  In the intro pages, when the editor gives her blurb about these specials, I'm going to add a little sentence to imply that prostitutes actually make up a decent chunk of the Lilian population.  Individual Lilians may not want their sons hanging around prostitutes, but the official "party line" is that sex work is a totally reasonable career choice.  Also, the acolytes are essentially glorified prostitutes.  This was hinted at in the Hooker Birthday special, but I want to make it much more explicit in the Acolyte Training Pamphlet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I'll be finishing up the Hooker Exploration special, and then I'll move on to the Bathtime issue.  After that, it's the Bondage issue, and then I'll get started on the Acolyte Training Pamphlet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment