Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mommy Bubble 80's Advanced Bubbling block Retrospective

Yes, I know, I put off their cherrypop scene again, but it really is for a good reason.  These pages let me establish more of a cultish feel for the Mommy Bubble, since at this point, she's actually going through the 8 steps of cult recruitment, with her son.  I realized that I'd been going through them already, so I figured, why not just go with that theme?  I'll try not to overdo it. 

-------------------------------

The first page picture is an amalgamation of a couple of different pages that I wouldn't have used, normally, since they don't feature any sex.  I'm glad that I was able get them into the pamphlet, somewhere.  They really are nice pictures, and they work well, in this context.
The narrative text mostly just establishes what the mother is doing, without really saying why, yet.  It's basically just a setup, letting the reader know what's changed, and what hasn't. 
The guide text tackles the why, and I feel like I was able to mix those together quite well.  It doesn't, however, go into the exact why of "why the abstinence?"  The reason, of course, is to dangle the carrot from the string, of course.  It's just a mind game, and I think that anyone who reads this block can work that out, but it's something that shouldn't really be said, openly.  Show, don't tell.

The second page picture is one that I really like, if only because I was able to work the bunny pics in.  I really didn't think I'd be able to get those into the pamphlet, but this was their moment, and I think that they add at least something to the pic.  Maybe some cuteness. At any rate, this is the most sex you're going to get in this block. 
The narrative isn't much, here.  It's just continuing the story, talking about how horny they are, and how tough it is to stick out the plan.  I feel like the last line in the narrative could have been phrased better, maybe "rut" wasn't the correct term, there.  Not sure. 
The guide content, as usual for this block, is where most of the content is.  It's quite interesting that I really second-guessed myself with the inclusion of the line, "that's it.  You can't trust him sexually"  It seemed really harsh, but you know, most moms don't actually fuck their sons, so it's totally normal.  Anyway, it still seems harsh.  I think it works though, because the content of this block is really quite rough, overall. 
There's a ton of rhetoric in this page's guide content.  One thing I do like, though, is the end, and the bits about the "protective mantle of lilith".  I always loved those "mantle of mary" prayers, they were just so... nice.  I try to incorporate a lot of those concepts into my work, because I feel like the maternal, emotional, aspect, is one of the things that makes /ss/ appealing to a lot of people. 

The third page was a cause of much bellyache for me, at least for a little while.  I didn't like that the mother was smiling so big, on the left.  I like that it features them talking, in a somewhat casual manner, and he's obviously just gotten home from school, but she seems way to happy, for such a serious convo.  I ended up just adding the little blurb about how she was trying to keep it lighthearted.  Hopefully that worked.
This narrative is where we finally see the "dark side" of the mother.  I tried to soften it a bit, by having her force herself to focus on her cooking, so she doesn't get emotional, but it still kind of paints her as a bit of a villain, here.  I really hope this doesn't ruin the overall story for everyone. 
The guide content is basically just a scare tactic, to push the mothers reading, towards bubbling their sons.  I think it's interesting to note that the son finding other women attractive is a "very special danger".  Really, the warning here isn't totally ridiculous, but I'd say that it's probably a reason to have the kid introduce his girlfriends to mom, instead of not have any girlfriends at all.  But then, this is the Mommy Bubble pamphlet.  At any rate, I think I should have made "forever" a different color. 

-------------------------------

The sex will definitely be back next time, I promise.  It might just be oral, but there will 1000% be some form of sex.  Now that I think about it, it might just be a makeout scene with some titsucking.  But that's at least sexual, right?

Hey, you've got the omnibus to go through, if you need Lilian fap material.  

No comments:

Post a Comment