Thursday, July 28, 2016

Gonzo Guide Costumes/Outro Retrospective

Yay, Gonzo Guide is finally over and done with!  I actually reread the whole thing right before I did the outro, which I normally don't do, but I'm glad I did it this time. 
Gonzo Guide actually came out a lot better than I thought it would, overall.  It's not super hot, or sexy, probably because it's not actually a narrative, but it is a lot of fun, and there's a ton of really interesting story ideas that got tossed around. 
Additionally, I think that what I did with the landscape pictures, having them be full size, and then putting little captions on the side, really turned out well, and created an end product that's super easy to read, and quite fun, as well. 

----------------------------------------

The costumes block ended up being a bit less erotic than a lot of the other portrait pages, largely because I didn't go back later, and insert any sex.  It's a pure guide page, which isn't super erotic, but hey, whatever, right?  It works.  I feel like these pages kind of lead a little bit into the outro, although I can't really say why, exactly.  Probably because it talks so much more about the money, and the business side of it all, and the outro is basically all business.

Excellent segue, to the outro. 

The outro is really, really, about the business side of things.  This is something that I've been kind of playing around with, during the other parts of Gonzo Guide, but I really break it down, for the outro.  This whole pamphlet, by the way, kind of echoes SuperSoft in a lot of places, and I actually give a little reference to some of the concepts from that pamphlet, in this outro. 
I like that the outro kind of does tie a lot of these different business ideas together.  I'm planning on expanding upon the Lilian economy, in the Pagan Visitation pamphlet and narrative that I've got planned, and probably in a less straightforward way, in Crone Zone. 
There's also a tiny little bit of foreshadowing, for Medea Circe's "revolution" at the end here, where the Lilians try to bring in as many of their disparate little units as the can, to inoculate them against Circe's plague, which is released during the DoL ending of Taisen. 

----------------------------------------

So next up is probably going to be Crone Zone Sacramento, which is conveniently like 2 pages, and I'll probably do that one either Saturday, or Sunday.  Next week, I'll more than likely start off at least one of the Pagan Visitation bits, because I've got a ton of questionably good ideas for that one, and I'm super excited to make it, which is always a good sign.  I'll also probably be doing some more Crone Zone, and then maybe a straightforward narrative, or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment