Friday, July 22, 2016

Sex Ed Retainment Outro Retrospective

Y'all wanna know what the scariest shit is?  Waking up to thousands of pageviews on this blog.  I usually get a few hundred pageviews every day, it's not amazing, but considering that I only post this on 7 and 8chan, it's not so bad.  But yesterday, somebody went through with what I'm assuming is an HTTrack type program, and downloaded the whole site.  Either that, or they're really fucking hardcore, with their clicking.  Anyway, it was worrying for a few seconds, before I figured out what was going on.  I thought some fucker had written a hit-piece about LRLB on Gawker, or something.

I wish there were a better way for people to get a full print of my blog, though.  I know there are some people who actually really dig this story, and the omnibus along with the blog do form something of  a cohesive little narrative.  Sort of.  I think, moving forward, I'll just be including a Google Takeout of the blog with each new edition of the omnibus.  It'll be in .atom format, and no, I do not know how to decode that really, but the info is there, and if you open it in a text editor, you'll find the content. 

----------------------------------------

Yay, we're finally through with Sex-Ed Retainment.  I actually really enjoyed writing this pamphlet, and I think it's one of the ones that kind of expands the world in a big way, like Chapter 17 (which I still kind of need to redo somehow) and Mommy Bubble 80s/90s.  The Acolyte and Nun pamphlets probably would fit in there, as well.

Sex-Ed Retainment is, overall, pretty light on actual erotic narrative, and yes, I'm going to talk about the stuff that I just wrote eventually, just not now.  Sex Ed Retainment is largely about forming a sort of overall base fantasy, that the reader can place themselves into, and form their own storyline around.  I think that the latest bit, with Mountainbulb and his loli/cake combo team kind of plays into that, giving the reader sort of like a generic template for them to build off of.  There's no real reason to get super duper sexual with it, or rather, there's no reason to get specific about the sex.

The first page, by the way, is kind of a throwaway, I only used it because it was a very recent Zuburoku piece, and I felt like it deserved to get into this pamphlet.  I probably wouldn't have been able to use it anywhere else.  I think it's a nice callback to the Lilian Slave Pricing pamphlet though, if nothing else.

I really liked that I was able to get the editor's character in at the end.  There's no real writing for her, but I still think it's really cool to just have her be popping up here and there in the overall story.  She's a fun character, and I really enjoyed writing for her, when I was doing the magazines.  I also liked that I was able to bring back the rhetoric, a bit.  It's always fun to write in that style.

 ----------------------------------------

So that's it for this week, I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I won't be releasing anything this weekend.  Next week will most likely be the other half of Walk in Welcome, probably the Gonzo Guide Outros, and maybe some more Crone Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment