Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pagan Visit Business Bitches Retrospective

Well, from you guys' pageviews, I'm going to assume that this is, in fact, one of those pamphlets, where I really enjoy writing it, and y'all have 0 interest in reading it.  Too bad.

-----------------------------------------

These were actually really fun for me to write, because the Ladies' Renaissance Movement is something that I tend to make a lot of references to, but never actually explore, in depth.  I didn't want it to be something that I built up, and then never paid off on, so here we are. 
I decided to focus on the Romanian LRP, because it's a group that I made reference to before, in Lilian Booty Queens, and one that I made a very oblique reference to, in LRLB! Taisen.  If you look close, you'll notice that the RoLRP Chairwoman has the same last name as the arms dealer from Booty Queens.  That was intended to suggest that nepotism is a factor, in the LRP. 

One of the big things that I wanted to do with this little block, was to establish a baseline, for what the 'normal' Pagan experience would be, and also to establish just how far outside that normal, the Lilians actually are.  The description of the Pagan get-together is actually super normal, and pretty positive, almost idyllic, in fact.  But to the Lilian priestess, it's dreadfully dull, because nobody's fucking, and the kids are off in another room, and there's no drugs, and etc etc.  And this is a priestess giving the appraisal. 

I honestly wasn't sure what the Pagans would realistically let the Lilians do with their kids, but I really wanted to have something resembling a sexual narrative, since it's just boring otherwise, so I cranked the LRP's corruption level up a notch.  Not really, though, it's nothing new, to people who've played Taisen.  One of MEK's big things was that they would kidnap cops, and use them as suicide bombers, in the Iranian martyr's sense of the term.  They did this through hypnosis, which I thought was fun, even if the in-game implementation was a little a e s t h e t i c , in retrospect. 

Overall, I really like the way I set these up, with the description of the women first, and then an example of one of their parties, and then an example of what a Lilian woman could get away with, with regards to their boys.  It's dense, but I like it.  There's a lot of space for storytelling. 

-----------------------------------------

So let's see, next up is probably either more Crone Zone, which is what I should do, or more of this, which is what I'll probably do.  Either way, I'm shooting for a firm Friday release, and it'll be a good 3 or 4 pager.  

No comments:

Post a Comment